Over many years of working in clinical practice and also managing health shops I have seen many people reach for random products on the shelf because their ‘friend said it worked’ or they ‘read about it on the internet’. So often in these cases I would say to the customer that I believed their money would be better spent consulting a qualified practitioner who can advise on the following important aspects of product choices:
Do you understand what you are trying to treat and know that this is the best option to try?
Is this product likely to have the efficacy you need? Is it produced by a quality manufacturer?
Do you know how much you should be taking? It is important to understand the difference between a maintenance dose and a therapeutic dose.
As a first time client you will need to book a 90 minute appointment. Yes! It is comprehensive. I address most health conditions and will assess your diet and lifestyle, your health history and family health trends along with investigating all the body systems to gain a whole picture of health in order to restore wellbeing. I take an in-depth case, may perform a physical examination, check your blood pressure and may refer for blood tests if necessary.
I typically employ liquid herbal tinctures or herbal tablets in my treatment and sometimes I will recommend nutritional supplements. The cost of these is NOT included in the consultation fee. I also utilise flower essences to address emotional concerns in some cases.
My approach is not a quick fix. For most chronic health issues expect a course of treatment over 3-6 months. Follow up appointments will be required so that I can support you on your road to wellness. This is a partnership – you will need to do some work too! It is probably time for some changes and I will help you to feel empowered and knowledgeable to take the necessary steps.
So…transform yourself with my help and take control of your health. I will advise you if I feel you should see your GP or another health professional.
- Clinic based consultations in central Nelson and the Btaon Valley
- Online consultations – WhatApp, Skype or Messenger
- House calls available. Please enquire for costs.
- Relaxation Massage – note I do NOT offer remedial (therapeutic) massage. If you have an injury or specific problem please see my links for body workers I recommend in Nelson
- Micro fascial unwinding – a gentle nervous system reset.
- Also available for public speaking, seminars etc
I typically employ liquid herbal tinctures or herbal tablets in my treatment and sometimes I will recommend nutritional supplements. Please note the cost of these is not included in the consultation fee. I also utilise flower essences to address emotional concerns in some cases.
What to Expect
What I Can Offer
• Online consultations - WhatsApp, Skype, Zoom or Messenger
• House calls available. Please enquire for costs.
• Relaxation Massage - note I do NOT offer remedial (therapeutic) massage.
• Micro fascial unwinding - a gentle nervous system reset.
• Also available for public speaking, seminars and workplace wellness programs. Residential retreats and respite care.
Fees are suggested but you pay the amount that is the right amount for you. Regardless of the amount you choose, you will have the same focus and care from me as everyone else. This offering reflects my commitment to fully engaging in your health process and your contributions will support me to offer my services on an ongoing basis. Some things to think about when deciding how much you can offer for your appointment might include: - how much would you pay your doctor or a specialist for a comparable time? - how much would you pay other professional practitioners for a similar length appointment? - Unfortunately herbalists are not supported by the NZ health system, nor the ACC system, unlike osteopaths, acupuncturists and chiropractors. - How long have you had this condition or struggled with these health issues? How much would you value some resolution to these?
- Note that I will often spend up to another hour or more researching your case and/or working on a treatment plan for you
When you make a booking online you will be asked to pay at the time of booking. You are welcome to pay what you can at the time and pay more later when you are able.
Get to know me by
checking out these 15 minute radio interviews...
Health Views - My approach to health.
Evolving Health - Women’s health and yoga.
Conditions I have treated or helped to manage successfully
- adrenal exhaustion (burnout)
- chronic fatigue
- Coeliac disease
- digestive dysfunction (constipation, diarrhoea, bloating etc)
- ear infections
- eating disorders
- fungal skin conditions
- heavy periods
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- hormone imbalance
- inflammatory bowel disease
- irritable bowel syndrome
- low immunity
- mood swings
- morning sickness
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
- poor circulation
- post natal depression
- post viral syndrome
- pre menstrual imbalance
- pregnancy support
- recurrent miscarriage
- respiratory tract infections
- rheumatoid arthritis
- sinus issues
- syndrome chronic
- systemic candida
- thyroid conditions
- urinary tract infection